A very special congratulations goes out to PNWJETAA members Melissa Todd and Julia Hibarger who recently won the 20th JETAA Anniversary Essay Contest! Melissa with “Sakiko’s Speech” and Julia with “Dreaming in Japanese” were two of fifteen Kintetsu Grand Prizes awarded to the top essays. Just check out this prize package that Kintetsu was nice enough to sponsor! Wow!
- Round trip airfare to Japan via West coast gateway
- Reception and one-night hotel stay at West coast gateway
- Transportation from Narita Airport to Tokyo hotel
- Reception and three-night hotel stay in Tokyo
- One-week JR pass
- Assistance from CLAIR and AJET arranging home stays in host prefecture
JETAA USA is also coordinating with JETAA International to possibly include Melissa and Julia’s essays in a compilation of international essays, details of which will be announced at a later date.