Hey there JETAA friends,
Are you a Japanese Baseball Fan? Do you watch the Tigers/Giants rivalry as closely as New York/Boston? Have you heard of the “Curse of Colonel Sanders?” Do you miss the feeling of thousands of screaming fans all on the same beat for their favorite players? If so, this year’s Japan Night has something special for you.
In much the same style as King’s Court, the 12th Man, the Rave Green Army or the epic stands of Koshien Stadium in Hyogo Prefecture, HBCC is organizing a Japanese 応援団 (oendan) cheering section in the Right Field View reserved section (Section 315 for those of you playing the home game.) We’re teaming up with JETAA and inviting PNWers to join our growing crew of people bringing a little bit of Japan to our ballpark.
- What: Japanese Cheering Section at Safeco Field
- When: Tuesday August 21st (vs. Cleveland)
- Time: First Pitch at 7:10 PM, Gates open at 5:10 PM
- Who: Any and all interested in Having a great time and enjoying baseball!
- Tickets will be $14 dollars, and include a $3 donation to Peace Winds America and their ongoing operations in Tohoku. You can pay online via the HBCC Website (Paypal), or send checks to the Hyogo Business and Cultural Center (1414 South Weller Street, Seattle WA 98144). We’ll even take cash the day of.
- Your cost is only the ticket price, there is no extra cost to participate in the cheering section.
Learn more about the event: www.hyogobcc.org
Register Now: www.hyogobcc.org/#register
About Japan Night: http://seattle.mariners.mlb.
This is going to be a really, really fun night out at the ball park, and I hope you’ll be able to join.