Transitions 2012 is in two days! A couple reasons to come:
- New presentations. Rob Uy and Steven Joiner (see bios here) will be giving a brand new presentation together this year. Rob has over 18 years of experience in HR and Steven is a national workforce expert. What do you get when you add them together? I’m not sure, but it is surely something great.
- Get LinkedIn. Ryan Hart’s presentation will be on personal and professional branding. He’ll be zeroing in on LinkedIn, showing how to take the JET experience and apply it (and you) to LinkedIn.
- Financial Guidance. Beckie Faught, who works for Waddell and Reed, will be doing a presentation on personal finances. She presented for the first time at Transitions last year and people raved about the session. Come back for round number two.
- Break out sessions. Two panel sessions – education and general topics. The breadth and depth of our panelists’ backgrounds is impressive. We have professors, publishers, translators, designers, teachers, and international advisers. Some of panelists have their own companies, and others work for companies like Nintendo, Amazon, and more.
- Networking Expo. We have 15 vendors coming. Great chance to network and get to know the different volunteer and job opportunities out there!
Oh yeah, lunch will be on us. And after all of this greatness, we’ll be heading to the Duchess Tavern for refreshments, relaxation, and hours of happiness.
See you Saturday.